Gathering and Use of Information
- We will not collect personally identifiable information from you, other than what you supply to us on a voluntary basis.
- In order to participate in some activities, you might be asked to provide some personally identifiable information. This could be in connection with the following:
- contest or sweepstakes registration
- subscription registration for sites or services which require subscription (such as e-mail newsletters)
- registration to attend an event
- transactions in the product section
- content submissions, community postings (i.e., blogs, forums or bulletin boards), comments and suggestions, or voting
- free downloads
- Covenant with Black America will not willfully disclose your personal information to any third party without first receiving your permission.
- Covenant with Black America may use your personally identifiable information for activities explained above, for internal and marketing promotional purposes, or when our products online customer mailing lists are made available to carefully screened companies whose products or services might interest individuals who have shopped on the CovenantwithBlackAmerica.com web site (this is the only case where such information is provided to third parties, at your approval).
- We will always explain the extent of its use at the time you are asked to provide personal information. If you do not want this information to be collected or used by us for these purposes, you can simply "opt out." Under certain circumstances, opting out may prevent your participation in activities for which personal information is needed, as in downloads, contests or registration to attend a public event.
- If you watch a video clip, click a photo or listen to an audio clip on covenantwithblackamerica.com, a cookie may remember which media player (such as Real Player or Windows Media Player) and which type of clip (high or low bandwidth) you prefer to use on your computer. You can change your video and audio preferences at any time, or choose a player each time you view or listen to a clip.
- As you explore covenantwithblackamerica.com, a session cookie will tell us which pages you visit and the amount of time between each page visit. This cookie does not remember any information about you or your computer, it just tells us at covenantwithblackamerica.com how long visitors spend on the site and which pages receive the most traffic. A "session cookie" only remembers information about your current visit to the site.
- *What's a cookie? A cookie is information a Web site puts on your computer's hard drive so that the site can remember your preferences or which pages you visited on that site.
Please answer the following questions when submitting your request:
- What would you like to use or reproduce? Audio, Text, Graphics, Photo, Logo
- Please specify the exact content you are interested in by title, reporter, date the story aired, show on which the story aired, or URL if from npr.org. Specify the exact excerpt or quotation if applicable.
- How/where do you intend to use the content? Magazine, newspaper, book, Film/Documentary, DVD/CD-ROM, Internet, E-mail, Presentation, Educational, Printed Newsletter/Annual Report.
- Where do you need the rights?
- Contact information
Please describe, as completely as possible, your intended use, including title, author, retail price, URL, method of distribution and production information. For use of photographs and graphics, please indicate scale of reproduction and resolution. Include circulation of publication, pub date of books and web posting time.
The following are general guidelines for the following requests:
Reprints, Magazines, Newsletters, Newspapers & E-mail: Stories must be used in their entirety. Permission is limited to the one-time use or the edition specified by the requestor. Rates vary according to circulation size.
Audio, photos, articles, stories: Use in Classroom Teaching at a College or University: Stories must be used in their entirety. Permission is limited to classroom-use during one academic year.
Web Audio used in a Documentary or Presentation: You may request permission for an entire story, an excerpt or a quote. Permission is limited to the one project or presentation specified by the requestor. Rates vary according to the duration of required audio.
Trade Books & Textbooks: You may request permission for an entire story, an excerpt or a quote. Permission is limited to the edition specified by the requestor. Rates vary according to print run and whether you use the entire story or a portion of it.
Use of Photos, Logos and Graphs found on npr.org: Rates vary according to circulation or print run, or in the case of web use, the length of time that the photo or graph will be posted. The maximum is one year.
You do not need permission for:
Individual Use: The Covenantwithblackamerica.com content may be printed for your own personal, non-commercial use. In the event of such use, all copyright and other notices and clear attribution to Covenantwithblackamerica.com must be maintained. The content may not be modified, distributed, retransmitted, or used, in whole or in part, in derivative works. All other uses, including reprinting, republishing, broadcast and any further distribution, require written permission from Covenantwithblackamerica.com.
We deny permission to use Covenantwithblackamerica.com content in connection with the following:
- Advertising, marketing or promotional activities;
- Fundraising; and
- Political activities (including without limitation use in connection with any endorsement of a candidate for political office, to support any side in a political debate or by any organization with a primarily political purpose).
We reserve the right to refuse any request to reprint Covenantwithblackamerica.com content.
To request permission to reproduce covenantwithblackamerica.com content in ways not addressed above or to ask general questions about our permissions policy, please contact us at:
3870 Crenshaw Blvd., Suite 391pmb
Los Angeles, CA 90008